Asset Ownership Disputes
Fight for the Assets You Deserve Serving in Troy, Oakland County, & Surrounding Areas
After a person dies, identifying the status of assets can be difficult. Sometimes assets are simply taken from the estate on the grounds that “Grandma always told me that she wanted me to have this ring,” or “you know Dad wanted to leave the truck to me, don’t you?” A will should identify which assets are property of the estate, which are titled in a trust, and which are joint assets that pass to a surviving joint tenant. If you are in the middle of an asset ownership dispute, get the help of experienced Troy estate and probate attorneys like the ones at Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras.
Our experienced probate attorneys represent clients in cases such as:
- Disputes about gift transfers
- Contested ownership between a trust and a decedent’s estate
- Undue influence, fraud or duress with respect to an inter vivos transfer
- Survivorship rights of a surviving spouse or child with respect to real property, bank accounts, brokerage accounts, motor vehicles or other jointly-held assets
- A claim by an heir or personal representative that the surviving signatory on a joint account does not succeed to ownership, but instead is administering an account of convenience for the benefit of others similarly situated
- Challenges to beneficiary designations on life insurance policies, annuity policies or retirement accounts
Call (248) 213-9514 now for a free consultation.
Why Experience Matters
Resolving probate disputes can involve delicate family dynamics on top of the complex legal issues. If a claim to your property is contested, or if are acting on behalf of the estate or trust with an ownership or inheritance dispute, get the help of the Troy estate lawyers at BRMM.
You should seek legal help if you:
- Have an interest in a decedent’s estate that seems to be missing some valuable asset
- Are a personal representative who needs advice about resolving conflicting claims to insurance proceeds
- Believe you have rights to money held in a joint checking or investment accounts
We are grateful for their guidance and would definitely recommend BRMM.
“This firm has taken care of the planning for my husband and I to protect our future heirs. We are grateful for their guidance and would definitely recommend BRMM.”
I would recommend them 100 times over.
“They treat you like family and walked us through the entire Medicaid process for my mom, as well, as made sure our POA documents were in place. I couldn't be more grateful for their kindness, help, and guidance.”
- Van Zweden Famil
Strong, ethical, principles.
“When you have confidence in your lawyer, such as I found with Andy Mayoras and other members within his law firm, I fully trusted that my position was going to be zealously represented in an upstanding and professional way. I have nothing but deep respect ”
- George L.
The attorneys at BRMM exceeded all our needs and expectations during this trying time.
“Our family can not thank them both enough for their great work. We highly recommend their services for anyone's elderly care needs.”
- Kevin D.
Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras P.C. was a Godsend.
“When I count what few blessings I am fortunate to have, Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras P.C. is one of them.”
- Former Client
- Estate Planning
If you’d like to set aside money for a charity as part of your legacy, a charitable trust can help you accomplish your objectives. Importantly, charitable trusts are not only just for the ...Read More
- Estate Planning,
- Elder Law,
- Special Needs Trust
BRMM Law’s Danielle Mayoras recently appeared on “ Smart Women Talk ,” a podcast hosted by Midlife Millionaire Coach Katana Abbott, CFP, CSA. In the episode, Danielle discussed some of the most ...Read More
- Estate Planning,
Even if your loved one left a last will and testament behind, there may be instances in which it can be challenged. For instance, if your father had dementia and added his second wife’s name to a bank ...Read More