Asset Ownership Disputes
Fight for the Assets You Deserve Serving in Troy, Oakland County, & Surrounding Areas
After a person dies, identifying the status of assets can be difficult. Sometimes assets are simply taken from the estate on the grounds that “Grandma always told me that she wanted me to have this ring,” or “you know Dad wanted to leave the truck to me, don’t you?” A will should identify which assets are property of the estate, which are titled in a trust, and which are joint assets that pass to a surviving joint tenant. If you are in the middle of an asset ownership dispute, get the help of experienced Troy estate and probate attorneys like the ones at Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras.
Our experienced probate attorneys represent clients in cases such as:
- Disputes about gift transfers
- Contested ownership between a trust and a decedent’s estate
- Undue influence, fraud or duress with respect to an inter vivos transfer
- Survivorship rights of a surviving spouse or child with respect to real property, bank accounts, brokerage accounts, motor vehicles or other jointly-held assets
- A claim by an heir or personal representative that the surviving signatory on a joint account does not succeed to ownership, but instead is administering an account of convenience for the benefit of others similarly situated
- Challenges to beneficiary designations on life insurance policies, annuity policies or retirement accounts
Call (248) 213-9514 now for a free consultation.
Why Experience Matters
Resolving probate disputes can involve delicate family dynamics on top of the complex legal issues. If a claim to your property is contested, or if are acting on behalf of the estate or trust with an ownership or inheritance dispute, get the help of the Troy estate lawyers at BRMM.
You should seek legal help if you:
- Have an interest in a decedent’s estate that seems to be missing some valuable asset
- Are a personal representative who needs advice about resolving conflicting claims to insurance proceeds
- Believe you have rights to money held in a joint checking or investment accounts
We are grateful for his guidance and would definitely recommend BRMM.
“Don, has also taken care of the planning for my husband and I to protect our future heirs. We are grateful for his guidance and would definitely recommend BRMM.”
I would recommend them 100 times over.
“They treat you like family and walked us through the entire Medicaid process for my mom, as well, as made sure our POA documents were in place. I couldn't be more grateful for their kindness, help, and guidance.”
- Van Zweden Famil
Strong, ethical, principles.
“When you have confidence in your lawyer, such as I found with Andy Mayoras and other members within his law firm, I fully trusted that my position was going to be zealously represented in an upstanding and professional way. I have nothing but deep respect ”
- George L.
The attorneys at BRMM exceeded all our needs and expectations during this trying time.
“Our family can not thank them both enough for their great work. We highly recommend their services for anyone's elderly care needs.”
- Kevin D.
Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras P.C. was a Godsend.
“When I count what few blessings I am fortunate to have, Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras P.C. is one of them.”
- Former Client
- Estate Planning,
When you make an estate plan, one of the most important goals is to establish the legal framework for distribution of the property in your estate. Provisions in a last will and testament can ...Read More
- Estate Planning
Trusts are an important estate planning tool that can address a wide range of goals as part of a carefully structured, thorough estate plan. An irrevocable life insurance trust is a specific type of ...Read More
- Estate Planning
If you own a cellphone, computer, tablet, or another electronic device, you probably own digital assets. Those assets should be part of your estate plan, just like the other property that you own. ...Read More