Business & Partnership Issues
Moving Forward Following the Death of a Business Partner
If a person dies while active in the operation of a family business, professional partnership or LLC, issues concerning management succession, equity transfers, liability for business indebtedness, and even employment matters can complicate the probate of the decedent’s estate. At BRMM, our Troy estate lawyers represent heirs, devisees, personal representatives, and trustees in resolving probate matters involving business assets, equity positions, and management succession problems.
Call (248) 213-9514 today to schedule your free consultation with Troy estate and probate attorneys.
Experience on All Sides of Business Interests
Our team has represented closely held corporations, partnerships, and other business entities that are sued in probate court by personal representatives or heirs of an estate.
We can help our clients resolve situations such as:
- Conflicts between the terms of a will and terms of a buy-sell agreement or other business contract
- Determination of business asset or equity transfers by contract to see if they can be recovered for the benefit of the decedent’s estate
- Interpretation and enforcement of buy-sell agreements, management succession agreements, and other business contracts
- Valuation, liquidation, and distribution of partnership or corporate equity interests when they are included as part of the estate
- Resolution of problems when business interests are held in trust rather than as part of the estate
- Assertion or defense of contract or tort claims involving a business in which the decedent had a controlling or significant interest
- Resolution of management succession or employment problems in a family business
- Injunctions and other equitable relief to preserve the business status quo pending the determination of opposing claims in probate court
Serving Oakland County Clients
At BRMM, our skilled lawyers know business and commercial litigation of all kinds. Together with our probate litigation practice, this background helps us understand the legal and practical dimensions of the transition a business must make upon the death of a principal.
We are grateful for their guidance and would definitely recommend BRMM.
“This firm has taken care of the planning for my husband and I to protect our future heirs. We are grateful for their guidance and would definitely recommend BRMM.”
I would recommend them 100 times over.
“They treat you like family and walked us through the entire Medicaid process for my mom, as well, as made sure our POA documents were in place. I couldn't be more grateful for their kindness, help, and guidance.”
- Van Zweden Famil
Strong, ethical, principles.
“When you have confidence in your lawyer, such as I found with Andy Mayoras and other members within his law firm, I fully trusted that my position was going to be zealously represented in an upstanding and professional way. I have nothing but deep respect ”
- George L.
The attorneys at BRMM exceeded all our needs and expectations during this trying time.
“Our family can not thank them both enough for their great work. We highly recommend their services for anyone's elderly care needs.”
- Kevin D.
Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras P.C. was a Godsend.
“When I count what few blessings I am fortunate to have, Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras P.C. is one of them.”
- Former Client
- Estate Planning,
Even if your loved one left a last will and testament behind, there may be instances in which it can be challenged. For instance, if your father had dementia and added his second wife’s name to a bank ...Read More
- Estate Planning,
When a loved one passes away, the last thing that might be on your mind when you are grieving is paying any creditor claims against their estate. But before a decedent’s assets can be distributed to ...Read More
- Estate Planning
When you are named the executor of estate assets and debts for a family member or loved one in Michigan, the position is called a Personal Representative. In this role, you are bound by important ...Read More