Let us help you avoid adoption pitfalls
There is no greater gift than the gift of a child. For adoptive families, that gift often comes with challenges and legal obstacles. The adoption code is complicated, and it’s advantageous to have an experienced attorney with adoption expertise guide you through the process. Our adoption attorneys have the expertise and experience to assist with the many challenges adoptive families often face, including:
- Direct placement adoptions
- Adult adoptions
- Relative adoptions
- Stepparent adoptions
Each individual adoption carries its own set of challenges and nuances, and we help you navigate through your uniquely personal situation. Are you faced with a putative father’s requests for custody? Is the birthmother making unreasonable or inappropriate demands? Has she changed her mind about the adoption? These are just some of the complications you may need help with, and we can assist you with.
Adoption is an emotional process, and we strive to approach every situation in a patient, compassionate manner. We answer your questions, alleviate your concerns and offer sound advice so you achieve the results you want as painlessly as possible.
Our experienced adoption attorneys can help:
- Provide referrals to social service agencies to complete home studies
- Suggest counseling services for the birthmother and/or the adoptive parents
- Advise regarding the proper financial expenditures by the adoptive parents on behalf of the birth parents
- Complete the necessary paperwork for placement of a child from the hospital after birth
- Assist with birth planning to ensure that the hospital is aware that the child will be placed for adoption
There are countless questions that arise during the adoption process, and our attorneys can answer them all for you. We believe there are no stupid questions when it comes to creating a family. Let us help you create yours.
Call today for a free consultation with an adoption attorney.