Don L. Rosenberg
- Elder Law
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning including wills, trusts, powers of attorney
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Probate, including guardianship and conservatorships
- Special Needs Planning
- Veterans Benefits
J.D., Juris Doctor, Detroit College of Law
B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Michigan State University, with honors
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit Court
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Michigan Chapter – having served six terms
- Delegate and Member of Steering Committee of the National Assembly of the Alzheimer’s Association, Chicago, Illinois
- Public Policy Chair of the Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Michigan Chapter as well as a member of the State Public Policy Council
- Past Chair of Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar of Michigan and on Governing Council for over nine years
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. and listed in the Academy’s Experience Registry since 1991
- Honored again by Michigan Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in Michigan since 2009. Only 5% of the lawyers in the state are named Super Lawyers.
- Member of the Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs Accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation and prosecution of claims
- Member of the National Council on Aging
- Charter Member of Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Five Star Wealth Manager by Hour Detroit and dbusiness magazines – area of Estate Planning for 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Five Star Estate Planning Attorney by Hour Detroit and dbusiness magazines for 2014
- Co-author of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias: A Guidebook for Care, Comfort, Legal and Financial Security
Don L. Rosenberg is a principal partner at Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras. He has more than 30 years experience practicing law and focuses on estate planning, elder law, Medicaid planning, Veteran’s benefits, end of life care, special needs planning and other specialties. Don blends solid experience with a keen sensitivity and awareness to the emotional challenges that families experience when planning for the care of their elderly loved ones and those with special needs. He established an expertise in elder law before the “elder law” term was coined and helped found The Center for Elder Law, a renowned division of BRMM. Don has received numerous awards and recognition’s for his work in the elder law and elder care fields.
His credentials lead him to numerous radio and television appearances, and he speaks extensively for a number of reputable organizations, including The American Federation of Teachers, The Alzheimer’s Association, Merrill Lynch, Sigma Financial Group and other financial advisor and brokerage firms, as well as, the Brain Injury Association of Michigan.
Don also serves as Special Guardian ad Litem for Macomb County.