Don L. Rosenberg
- Elder Law
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning including wills, trusts, powers of attorney
- Long Term Care Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Probate including guardianship and conservatorships
- Special Needs Planning
- Veterans Benefits
J.D., Juris Doctor, Detroit College of Law
B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Michigan State University, with honors
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit Court
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Michigan Chapter – 5th Term
- Delegate and Member of Steering Committee of the National Assembly of the Alzheimer’s Association, Chicago, Illinois
- Public Policy Chair of the Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Michigan Chapter as well as a member of the State Public Policy Council
- Past Chair of Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar of Michigan and on Governing Council for over nine years
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. and listed in the Academy’s Experience Registry since 1991
- Honored again by Michigan Super Lawyers* magazine as one of the top attorneys in Michigan for 2013. Only 5% of the lawyers in the state are named Super Lawyers. Honor received every year beginning in 2009
- Member of the Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs Accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation and prosecution of claims
- Member of the National Council on Aging
- Charter Member of Academy of Special Needs Planners
- 5 Star** Wealth Manager by Hour Detroit and dbusiness magazine – area of Estate Planning for 2010, 2011 and 2012
*Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. The objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel.**The Five Star Professional research team applies a vigorous research and evaluation process to identify service professionals who provide quality services to their clients. Professionals do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Five Star award winners. The research methodology allows no more than 7% of service professionals in a given market to qualify for the Five Star award. Five Star Professional follows standard survey practices used by other professional research organizations. The research also includes a regulatory review to provide necessary checks and balances.
Don is a principal partner at BRMM and has been practicing law for more than 30 years. He established an expertise in elder law before the “elder law” term was coined and helped found The Center for Elder Law, a renowned division of BRMM. With a focus on estate planning, elder law, Medicaid planning, Veteran’s benefits, end of life care, special needs planning and other specialties, Don blends solid experience with a keen sensitivity and awareness to the emotional challenges that often accompany elder law issues. He has received numerous awards and recognitions for his work in the elder law field and co-authored Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia’s: a Guidebook for Care, Comfort, Legal and Financial Security, which was published in 2008.
His credentials lead him to numerous radio and television appearances, and he speaks extensively for a number of reputable organizations, including The American Federation of Teachers, The Alzheimer’s Association, Merrill Lynch, Sigma Financial Group and other financial advisor and brokerage firms, and the Brain Injury Association of Michigan.
Don also serves as Special Guardian ad Litem for Macomb County.