Andrew W. Mayoras
- Probate Litigation (Estates & Trusts)
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Probate Mediation
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Formation & Planning
- Real Estate
J.D., Juris Doctor, The University of Michigan Law School
B.A., Bachelor of Arts in English and Psychology with Distinction, The University of Michigan
United States Court of Appeals for 6th Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eastern District of Michigan
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Co-author of the best-selling book, Trial & Heirs: Famous Fortune Fights!
- Recognized as a Michigan Super Lawyer (Estate & Trust Litigation) in 2014 and 2015 by Michigan Super Lawyers magazine. Only 5% of the lawyers in the state are named Super Lawyers.
- Honored as one of the Top Attorneys in Michigan by Hour Detroit.
- Co-creator and co-host of national TV special airing on PBS affiliates, Trial & Heirs: Protect Your Family Fortune!
- Forbes Contributor
- Legal Media Expert
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
Andrew W. Mayoras is a principal partner at Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras. His main area of concentration is probate litigation and mediation, primarily including trust and estate disputes. He works with a range of families embroiled in fights, from those with modest wealth to heirs of multimillion dollar estates and trusts, including celebrities. His tenacious litigation style is well-known and has served his clients well in cases involving wills, trusts, estates, elder abuse, guardianships, conservatorships, asset disputes, fiduciary disputes and many other elder law conflicts. He also practices general civil and commercial litigation, as well as real estate and business formation and planning.
As a mediator concentrating in probate-related facilitations. Andy is dedicated to helping families and others in legal disputes find resolutions to avoid costly litigation.
Andy and his wife wrote the best-selling book, Trial & Heirs: Famous Fortune Fights!, and created and hosted the National TV Special, Trial & Heirs: Protect Your Family Fortune!. He is also a regular contributor to Forbes and recurring expert on the national television series, Celebrity Legacies on the Reelz Channel.
Andy is a respected media resource who lends his expertise and analysis to hundreds of media sources, including The Associated Press, Forbes, Vanity Fair, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s, Kiplinger and The Washington Post, among many others. He has appeared on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, The Rachael Ray Show, The Insider, Forbes, The Hallmark Channel, ABC’s Live Well Network, and Fox and NBC affiliates.
In addition to navigating the maze of courtroom clashes, Andrew is a dynamic keynote speaker delighting audiences nationwide with highly entertaining and informative presentations. He and his wife have three children.